Monday, March 17, 2014

Where is the Peace? Isaiah 9:6,7



On Sunday night during our Praise Service it was so nice to meet with a couple that serves in the leadership of an area church.  After the service they talked about how much they loved worshiping with us and how the worship of Jesus brought joy and peace to them.  No matter where they worshipped. 

I find that to be true as well.  I love attending worship in churches where Christ Spirit is lifted high in jubilant worship!  Somehow when Christ's church is together there is joy and peace like few other places no matter what is going on around in the world.  

I just wish I could visit other churches on Sunday Mornings sometimes.  But frankly even if I wasn't preaching I probably wouldn't do that because I find such joy with my friends at the church that I attend.  I find Christ living in them and this brings me joy and peace.

In our Scripture for today Isaiah offers prophetic words about the coming of Christ.  He speaks of the majesty of that child who will control all things.  "The government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end." Isaiah 9:6,7a

I know that these words speak of a day when Christ will rule on the thrown of David.  A day when his presence and rule will bring justice and righteousness.

When I hear such words it is easy to look at the world as say, "Where's the peace?"  I know someday the Lord Jesus will bring this peace to the world and this will be a most glorious thing!

But today we can find and should find this peace within the church.  We should find it as we worship with any Christian around the world or just next door.  If Christ rules in our hearts then we as His church should be one.

To Ponder:  Do I feel the glory of God ruling in my heart?  Do I feel the majesty of his peace in the church?  Am I, as a member of the body of Christ, working to bring Justice and righteous to the world?

May the prophetic words of Isaiah 9:6-7 come soon.  In the Lord's time.  Amen

No comments: