Wednesday, December 25, 2013

"It's all about the gift"

Merry Christmas to everyone!  I hope this has been a wonderful day for you.

As always Christmas has been lots of fun at the Brown home.   We start by opening up our presents before 9:00 am while enjoying the smell of home made cinnamon rolls in the oven.   My wife makes the best!!

As a family we especially enjoy watching each other open the gifts we bought for them.  I think we like watching their reaction to the presents as much as we enjoy getting our own.  Okay  maybe that sounds like an adult thing to say but it is true.  I guess it only makes sense that if we have searched for the right gift we are anxious to see the reaction when it's opened.

When it comes to gifts, I think sometimes we know we've bought the right one!  Sometimes its because of all the hints. hahah  .Other times we're not sure if the gift is destined for the service desk return counter or not.

I think we did good this year.  I don't think that anyone will have to fight the lines to give back gifts!

Yes gift giving at Christmas can be a lot of fun and hopefully your loved ones enjoyed everything you selected for them.    Socks seemed to be a real theme for our family this year.   Christmas socks for the girls and the older boys (I'm the oldest boy of course) received everyday crew socks!  We needed them...  I know I have a lot of holy socks to throw out.  Movies was also a hit.  Everything from adventure, comedies, love stories to Disney.  There's no reading material this year.  We'll maybe next time.

Hopefully along with all the wonderful gifts you'll remember the greatest gift given by the greatest gift giver of all.  Yes, today we celebrate that we have been given a Savior.  I'm pretty sure God knew that he had the right gift for us and I'm sure that he waits with anticipation to see how we'll respond to that gift.  I wonder how sad he is when we reject or turn away his gift.

This Christmas receive the gift of Jesus.  I know that you'll be glad that you did!

Now it's on to another Christmas tradition around the Browns.  Taking naps and enjoying the smells of the traditional Christmas Lasagna.  Oh what a gift it is to have a wonderful wife who's also a great cook!

God bless and Merry Christmas

No comments: